Friday, 29 July 2011

"The Italian Job"


I mentioned in May that I was to visit Tuscany this year, and I did in June, spending just over a week taking in the sights and rich culture of this beautiful central Italian region. Between Florence, Siena, Pisa and a trip to Cinque Terre I was lucky to find the time for a day's fishing on one of the region's best rivers, the Lima. I very nearly missed out altogether as it rained for most of the week leaving the river high and unfishable. After postponing to the last possible day, the inclement weather finally relented and I woke up to bright sunshine and the prospect of exploring a new river in a foreign land, something which always excites me.



I wrote about it for 'Flyfishing' (a South African magazine I grew up reading) and my article has been published in the upcoming August/September edition. Flyfishing has very kindly agreed to me posting the article here. Click on each page to view it in a larger format.






Click here to find out more about Flyfishing magazine.


6 comments:

  1. Really cool! It is always exciting to fish in foreign lands...Congrats on the article. Well done...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and beautiful country. Thanks for reprinting the article...I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting guys. Tuscany is a beautiful holiday destination made all the better for having a few good trout streams about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article in our Flyfishing mag. Mouth watering - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter. I really enjoy writing for Flyfishing and hope to contribute more in the future.

    ReplyDelete